Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving Recap

The night before Thanksgiving, one of my rodeo pals, Stephenie, invited me to do Thanksgiving with her family. It was a lot of fun to be around a family much like my own. We ended the night laughing watching a video of a comedian with the entire family. They sent me home with a plate of desserts that I honestly worked on for almost an entire week :) Thanks to the Ruby family for asking me to join ya'll!

Me and Stephenie

You know I can't pass up a good photo op :)

This Thanksgiving was a little different than most of my others. This is my fifth Thanksgiving in Texas and each year I have many options of what to do, and I am so appreciative that others would include me in their family for this special time. 2006- Thanksgiving with the Jernigans, 2007- Thanksgiving with the Smiths (they put me to work on Thanksgiving), 2008 & 2009- Thanksgiving with the Jenkins (Not a traditional Thanksgiving meal, but instead Tamales, and Chili!!!) This year since the Jenkins have moved to Singapore we had a major dilemma on our hands as of what to do...

After much deliberation me and some of my single gal friends without family in the city decided we would have our own Thanksgiving. After all, why couldn't we start our own tradition!?! We stayed with the Jenkins' family tradition of a non-traditional Thanksgiving and it was a big hit. We split up the menu and all brought something. Gemma and I love hosting and now that we moved out of the city we don't get to do that very often so we had them over here for Thanksgiving. Rachael was in charge of appetizers. Lisa and I split main course she made her family's famous Green Chile Stew and I made a turkey chili. Tracy made fruit enchiladas for dessert they were amazing! After our meal we watched The Holiday by my Christmas Tree that Tracy and I had gotten earlier in the day. It was such a relaxing day and I hope that we can continue this tradition. Here are some fun pics of the day!

Don't you just love my pumpkin turkey? We tried to decide on a name for him, but one never stuck.

Rachael, Lisa, Tracy, and Me (Check out Gemma at my knee)
The gals hanging out in the kitchen, did I mention I love to entertain :)

Gemma and her good friend Lisa! (She is my good friend too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment