Yesterday was the one year anniversary of Gemmarie! I figured people combine names all the time we could definitely combine ours, Gemma & Emmarie. Is this a pet anniversary? birthday? I don't even know what to call it...
Last year before my birthday I was trying to decide what do you do when you turn 26? Well, I decided to get a puppy! After looking at the SPCA with my roommate at the time, Lisa, I decided to go to Petsmart to be sure I could afford a puppy. While I was there I saw a lady with a puppy that was brindle coloring and looked to be some sort of boxer/terrier mix. I told the lady that her puppy was beautiful and she instantly replied, "Do you want to adopt her? She needs a home!" I exchanged information with her and prayed about it. After praying through it I decided to meet the puppy already named Gemma. After Lisa and I met with them at a Starbucks I went home and decided to pick her up the next day. It was puppy love!
It has been such a blessing to have her. Believe it or not it has helped somewhat with work/life balance. Just knowing that I have someone at home to take care of helps me to not stay there so long. Let's be honest, we all know that is a weakness for me. Here are a few pictures from this past year!

Gemma got spayed right before Halloween last year and I had candy duty at a friend's house and decided it would be cute to take a picture with pumpkins and candy in Gemma's cone. She wasn't crazy about it as you can tell in the pictures. I'm convinced that the picture below is Gemma rolling her eyes at me. I thought it was super cute.


What a beautiful afternoon at the park!
I'm sure there will be many more posts and pictures of Gemma to come...
hey Emmarie, that is one cute puppy.... my Julianna would LOVE her :) And I really like your short hair in the photo from last Halloween too
ReplyDelete